Tuesday, August 12, 2014

THE BRAIN IS USEFUL!

     Today before dropping Sonny Boy off at his internship, I mentioned to him that I needed his help in putting in a screen frame for the security door.
      So as we worked together to get it done, I was having a problem with the screw head and Sonny Boy must have noticed that I was getting frustrated because he handed me another screw and holder as he said, "Here try this one". 
      When I got down to the 2nd last holder, he announced that he only had one holder left and two screws.  I thought that he must have dropped one but we didn't see it on the ground anywhere. So he handed me the holder and a screw and I just assumed it was the same one that I had the initial problem with, so I asked him to switch out the screws. 
     He surprised me when he said, "I already did that".  I said, "Wow!".  I was really impressed that he had figured that out before I even asked. 
    When we got in the car I was still thinking about it, along with several recent times he was able to figure something out before me.  Then I shared with him that I am so happy that at my age of 56, I can still learn from him at 15, just as he can learn from me.  I was really thankful that God blessed him with a mind that he is learning to utilize.
      And you know something, we as adults, aren't the only ones capable of coming up with solutions.  We just have to be open to receiving.
     To God be the Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment