Sunday, December 1, 2013

MOTHER GIVEAWAY

     Sonny Boy shared with me today that he thinks I am the meanest mother because I make him and his company take walks around the neighborhood.  The walks are less then 20 minutes mind you.
    He also shared: Who does that? He then says that he doesn't want anymore company over because of it.
    Now excuse me if I am wrong, but I am from the old school where children had to be called in when it was time to go in the house.  I grew up where we went out early morning or after school and never returned unless it was a bathroom break or time to eat. We played and played until we played out.  Children were knocking on our door early to come out to play.
   Today, no ones knocking.  Children are so focused on electronics that they don't even see what they are missing. I can only speak about my son because that is who I am around on a daily basis with surety. 
   Sonny Boy does not go outside often enough, and he doesn't need or care about having someone over to play his games.  He can talk to others with the game or just play by his self. So he doesn't have a need for human contact.  At least that is what he is projecting.  He would be comfortable in the house on a daily basis without having to shower, do chores, or even step outside.  He is not a sports person, so that makes it even harder to get him outside. 
    So, I convince him often to take walks.  I encourage him to go out and get some fresh air.  He doesn't understand the benefits of fresh air and exercise.  Because I know how important these things are for our health, I insist that its done.  I know it makes a difference because I can tell by his refreshed attitude when he returns in some cases.
     I really don't care if Sonny Boy doesn't like that I encourage him and his company to take a walk.  I don't hear them complaining. I remember one time that he went out walking with a friend, and after the friend left he share how uncomfortable it was walking with this friend because they were not use to taking to one another.    
     Now, I thought that was the craziest thing because they play playstation 3 often yet can't have a conversation.  To me that is beyond my comprehension.  What kind of children are we raising?  I fear that if they can't carry a conversation now, what will happen when they become adults?  Scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment