Ok so my daughter and son in law are in town. It is thanksgiving weekend. We are sitting around talking and decide to go see the new best man movie. I am with it. My David can't go but that won't stop me. We decide on the early show for the next day.
So I get up and get dressed and dolly around the house. I tell Sonny Boy to get up and get dressed. My sister picks us up and along we go to the movies. Now it never occurred to me that it is a R rated movie. It just never registered in my mind. I'm just so focused on the last best man movie and how I enjoyed it. And, I think I remember his dad and I going to see it only.
Anyway I get the tickets because Sonny Boy didn't see anything playing at the same time that he could see. So, Sonny Boy gets his snacks. We sit down to watch the movie and my sister sits next to Sonny Boy. Not even 10 minutes into the movie a raucous scene is shown. So I get a little uncomfortable. But yet I am holding out that it was just a one time thing. Before I know it another scene appears. I nudge Sonny Boy and ask him to go and check to see if something more appropriate is showing. He responds with a no. He even says: You bought me here. Oh my, the movie just doesn't let up.
My sister gets up and goes out of the movie. When she returns, she sits further down the row. I should have followed suit. Or better yet, I should have taken him out of the theatre then and tried to see something else. But I was so hell bent on watching the movie I didn't even think of leaving myself. It was as if my mental abilities just took a hiatus for the day.
As uncomfortable as I got, and as stubborn as Sonny Boy got, we watched the movie together. I felt so embarrassed that I was so absent minded that I took him to see such an appropriate movie.
Then I thought about all the scenes and what type of encouragement it may of developed in his mind. I just wanted to put my head in the mud and hide forever.
I bet there won't be a next time if I can help it. Pray for me. Mistakes happens. I just hope Sonny Boy doesn't try to reenact any of the moves. I have suffered enough embarrassment for the next 20 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment