I HAVE A QUESTION? How is it that when a child becomes a teen, they don't want to be bothered with their parents unless it is something that they want. At least that is the way my Sonny Boy is.
Sonny Boy walks around the house as if he has a chip on his shoulders. He has been off of school and at home for the last 4 days.
To get out of the house and get some air, I asked him if he wanted to go and see Captain Phillips at the theatre. Sonny Boy gave me a dry response, saying that he didn't want to go to the movies.
Well, I decided that we would go to the movies anyway. I just secretly decided to let him pick the movie then perhaps he would change his mind.
So I gave Sonny Boy the newspaper to pick a movie out that he would like to see. He chose Los Vegas. It was a done deal.
Sonny Boy and I went to the movies. We both laughed throughout it. It turned out to be a really good movie and we both were glad we came. Of course he didn't say that in words, it was his none stop talking that he did all the way home that told me so.
I learned again that sometimes teens don't even know what they need or want to do. So, every now and again we can put something out there as a choice and go from there.
No comments:
Post a Comment