Tuesday, November 18, 2014

HIP BIBLE

           That Sonny Boy of mines is a card.  He had me laughing after our 5 minutes of bible study.
        Sonny boy said something to the tune of: God should make a sequel of the bible because it would be flying off of the shelves.  I asked him why?  He said because it's a good book with lots of stories that have been around for years and we need an updated version.
       He then went into a hip hop version of our lesson from Genesis 13, 1:16.  Sonny boy had me bowling over from laughter.  He was so on point and was able to covey the lesson into today's words so effortlessly.  
       I was truly impressed at how he could improvise at the drop of a hat, and still be able to address the whole message with understanding and such clarity. I am not just trying to toot my horn or his but when we see such goodness at work we should not keep it to ourselves.
      I see God at work in him and I am marveling at God's goodness being manifested in him.
      I thank the Lord for living within each of us.  I thank the Lord that we each have a choice to follow him in our life.  God the Father, and Christ Jesus his son are awesome with a capital A.

No comments:

Post a Comment