Thursday, October 22, 2015

NOT SO FAST!

        Sonny Boy has a checking and savings account.  He completes a budget sheet most months.  Now I thought it was time Sonny Boy  learn how to invest in stocks and/or mutual funds.  I suggested that he start with $2000.  He looked at me like I had two heads. Then he said, "I'll do $1000 but not $2000. That is too much money".
        I explained to him that he would be meeting with a financial counselor that would explain, the how to, of investing.  I reiterated the $2000 to start with.
       Sonny Boy turned the tables and asked me about a gallon of almond milk that was in the fridge.  He caught me off guard when he asked me how I liked the almond milk I purchased, because he noticed that I wasn't drinking much of it.  I admitted that I wasn't very keen on the taste. Then he asked if it made sense to me to purchase a gallon instead of a quart, especially since it wasn't something I was use to.
      Then Sonny Boy turned around and said, "And just think you want me to invest $2000 and you just brought a gallon of milk you don't even like.  I don't think I want to follow the advice to invest $2000 from someone that don't even know how to buy milk. I will stick with my $1000."
      There was nothing for me to say.  I couldn't argue against his logic.  It just amazes me how children watch a lot of what we do and we don't even realize it.  I may not agree with Sonny Boy's reasoning but I am grateful that he is actually filtering the things I do or say when it comes to applying it to his life.
      I would have never thought that I would loose credibility over almond milk.  I guess it really is the simple things in life that matters.
      Lord, I thank you that you didn't just give me any son, but one who thinks. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment