Friday, January 15, 2016

HARD TO REMEMBER!

      It is so hard to remember that sixteen year olds are still learning, in spite of the fact they think they know it all, as they dispute most things you say.
       So today I asked Sonny Boy if he wanted to go and pick out his new glasses.  I reminded him that he just needed to pick new frames.  This is because his script stays the same.
       So he asked me with such a serious face, if he could just go and pick out the lens today and the frames another day.
      Now, we went back and forth in regards to this question for a minute, because I thought, perhaps I was slow in thinking or something.  I really needed a moment because that sentence was not registering in my mind.  
     So I repeated his question to him and he asked what was wrong with it.  I then shared that you have to pick a frame first, because the lens are based on the design of the frame.
     Sonny Boy has been wearing glasses for years so I just don't understand how he came up with that suggestion.  Even when you go into the optical store, it's frames first.
   Lord help me! These darn teens, who swear they know everything, consistently prove they don't. Can you imagine what would happen if he picked a circular lens and later an oblong frame without insurance to pay for it?
  Oh well. Back to the drawing board of life. Thank God he keeps me on my toes. I am even more grateful to God for how he uses him to teach me patience.
Only God!

No comments:

Post a Comment