Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ahhhhh Breaktime

As I get out of the bathtub this morning I hear someone downstairs.  As I exit the bathroom I see our son bedroom door open.  I think to myself that his dad must have checked on him and left the door open. I thought "Damn" to myself because I didn't want to make any noise to wake sonny boy up.  Well to my surprise, as I passed his room, he wasn't in the bed.  I entered my room and there was a large form on the bed completely covered.  I thought to myself that sonny boy must have awakened after dad went downstairs and was playing dad in the bed. 

I reached over and pulled the covers and to my surprise, dad was still in the bed.  So the noise downstairs was sonny boy.  It is 8 in the morning.  What is sonny boy doing up so early.  Oh but when I made it downstairs and saw that sonny boy was getting his wii paintball game on, I just shook my head.  Oh, how I hate that game. I purchased it for him for Christmas.  I had know idea what the game entailed before i purchased it.  I just knew it was a paintball game that was rated for all.  I hate it because it reminds me too much of shooting to kill.  You can't even see the paint ball when you are shooting. I had this preconceived notion that it would shoot large painted balls and splatter all over when it hits the target.  Not so.

So after seeing him already engrossed in the game, I just reminded him that he had only 20 minutes left to play.  I alot him one hour to play the Wii, and computer each weekend day. None during the week. Then he can watch tv for a determined amount of time.  Of course I had to go to therapy so I left him playing and hoping that he will adhere to the time.

So I return at approx. 1030 in the am. he is on the computer.  I tell him his time is up and he says okay.  I call him again 20 minutes later and he finally gets off.  He then watches tv.  I let him know that he can watch tv until noon.  Then, he has to go outside and shovel the front walkway and driveway.  Well at noon I have to remind him that he has to turn off the tv.  He then goes upstairs to get dressed.  20minutes later he has to use the bathroom and is still undressed.  Then at 1:00 I firmly and strongly encourages him to get outside and shovel as I requested earlier.  Well he goes outside and I see him playing in the snow.  I leave him alone and an hour later he comes into the house full of snow.   I asked him if he shoveled and he says yes, don't you see I shoveled the back driveway.  I again ask him to shovel the front driveway and walkway. 

Afterward, he comes into the house requesting hot chocolate.  And then begins to remind me how this is his off day and that he should be able to enjoy his off days without having to do any work.  I think to myself that here i am with sore foot and I cleaned the bathroom, swept the kitchen floor, washed the dishes, and made his lunch including his hot chocolate that he requested.  And he has the audacity to complain about not getting to enjoy his day off.  Well what about my recovery time?  Do I get recovery time?  Can I recuperate?

Sonny boy tells me that I don't have to do what I do.  All I have to do is ask someone and it would get done. 

Really, on what planet?  His dad is gone.  Sonny boy shoveled the back driveway instead of the front.  So how would those tasks get done and by whom.

No comments:

Post a Comment