Monday, January 17, 2011

Dance Away Dance Away Wow

Another morning I awakened to sonny boy playing his paintball game downstairs.  So I decided that I would go and get my meditation on this morning instead of interrupting his playtime.  I noted the time so that I could be sure that he adhere to his hour of playtime. 

When I was done with my meditation, I headed downstairs where I found that he had turned the game off and cartoons on.  Sonny boy made of note of telling me how he hadn't played the game the whole time.  I responded by telling him that I was aware of that and that he has 30 minutes left to play.

In my mind, I decided that he was not going to spend this morning as usual, playing a video game, watching tv, or on the computer.  So I went into the kitchen and called him to the kitchen to help me prepare breakfast.  I had a taste for biscuits, sausage, and eggs.  We didn't have pancake mix or waffles so those options were out.  I didn't feel like shredding potatoes for hash browns and lastly, didn't have enough grits. 

I looked in the frig and we only had two eggs for the three of us.  So I put my mind to work on how to stretch those two eggs.  Well, I just blanched some kale the other day and I decided to use some kale with the eggs today.  So I chopped up some onions, garlic, and kale.  Sonny boy cooked the onions and garlic till tender and then threw in the kale.  As he did that I shredded some cheese and added a little milk to the eggs I had beat.  When the the onions/garlic were ready, he added the kale and eggs and last the cheese.  Of course he had no nice words for the mixture but I assured him that his palate would enjoy it.

I used the can biscuits because the last time that I made homemade ones, deary complained that the canned were better. I like canned but I hate the fact that the bottom always seem to brown before the top.  So I flip them when I saw the bottom browned.  They turned out good but a little firmer then I would have liked.

Anyway, sonny boy finished cooking and retreated back to the living room as I set the table for breakfast.  Before that though I caught him leaving the kitchen with a big glass of milk with whip cream on top.  He knows that is not how I would have suggested he use the whip cream.  Using whip cream on top of milk.  I let him get away with it this time but told him I don't want to see that again.  He said that he should have just added the whip cream first and then the milk and I would have never known the better.  It's too bad that he doesn't think that way when it comes to completing his homework.

Anyway we had breakfast, to which sonny boy complained all the way through about the eggs. Deary and I enjoyed them.  The health benefit of the kale was to boot.  We took a break and then I encouraged sonny boy to do his exercises.  His brother gave him a workout plan over the Christmas break that he has to do daily. 25 pushups, situps, and squats.  Sonny boy has been doing them for the most part but sometimes it takes my convincing. 

So today I watched him do his pushups and offered some suggestions because he complained about how hard it is on his knees.  Oh I forgot to mention that he is doing the 1/2 pushups.  So I showed him how to use the sofa for his legs and the floor for the body.  And I also showed him how to do slanted wall pushups.  Then on to the situps.  He uses a pillow because he forces his back so hard that it slams onto the floor.  I told him that he needs to control his movements.  There is a rhythm to it.  Next was the squats.

After he was done and on a roll I snuck in some jumping jacks and dancing.  Yes dancing.  This time, I joined him.  My foot felt good this morning so I joined him.  I put on a popping party song and we danced together in a walking, marching form. I threw in some patty cake, patty cake, with our movement and even some low to the ground walking.  I made it into a game and we had a good time.  The song lasted a good 10 minutes and I was popped when done. And sonny boy got his exercise in. Yeah!  52 verses 11.  Still able to keep up. Wowhoooooooooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment