Let me tell you. Sonny Boy had one of the worst days of his life yesterday. Lessons to be learned were coming at him so fast, I think he just gave up trying to dodge them. Now my last post I wrote about him having to catch the city bus. Well now you get to hear what happened. Fix yourself a cup of tea, and sit down and get yourself comfortable cause this is going to be a turbulent ride.
So it is 9:00a.m. and I am about to get my power walk in with my sister at 9:30. It has been a little under an 1 1/2 hours since Sonny Boy left to catch his city bus all by himself. I decide to call the school to see if he made it there. I was pretty confident that all went smoothly because he had the directions. What could go wrong?
Now this is my 2nd time in a week that I had to make this kind of call. So when the secretary to the Dean states Sonny Boy is not there. I repeat her words to myself because I wasn't able to comprehend what she said. I immediately go into what the heck is going on here mode. I gave the secretary a brief scenario of Sonny Boy catching the bus and asked her to call me when he gets there.
I grab my keys and head for the door. I call his dad, no answer. I call my sister to postpone the walk and told her what happened. She immediately went into find my nephew mode. I call dad again, no answer. I call his job to see if he was there. They had sent him out on an errand. So I call the job back and ask them to call the cell of his coworker who is with him, and to have him have dad call me. He did. I explain what's going on. Now, I realize that this has never happened before but why is it people want to ask: Where is he? Heck if I knew that, we would not be having this conversation. I would not be driving the routes that Sonny Boy was suppose to take.
I'm thinking that Sonny Boy got frustrated waiting for the bus and began to walk, along with all kinds of crazy, wild thoughts. After traveling the routes and contacting the school again with no luck fear, and panic began to set in. Then I remember that God said to give it over to him. So I began chanting: I trust God. I trust God. I do this over and over as defeating thoughts come and go. After about 45 minutes, I had a little talk with God. I said Lord, you said you got this. So I am trusting you because you don't lie. Lord, I am trusting you to bring my boy home safely. Lord I know that this is a lesson and I am trusting you, as I pass the blue house a couple of doors down that a pedophile lives in as the thought of him grabbing my son floats through my consciousness.
I go home to call the Police and wait on God to send my boy home. I call my local police station and not one supervisor was in. I am put on hold for what seemed like an eternity so I get up off my sofa and walk to the window and low and behold I see a figure coming up the street dressed like my Sonny Boy. I go out onto the front porch as if my long lost military husband was just returning home. I'm thinking this must be a mirage. No, it's Sonny Boy.
Since he was coming from the direction of a friends I assume he was coming from there. But he just says: wait a minute, I have to catch my breath, I just ran up the street. I immediately go into kick butt mode. I think oh heck no, whoever made my Sonny Boy run has it coming. I follow him into the kitchen and he sits exactly where this whole mess began. He shares that he got lost. And when he was done with his story, all I could do was laugh. I am talking about a laugh that almost had me rolling on the ground. He got up and came to me asking if I was alright. I just laughed even more. This was one of the craziest stories I have heard.
So Sonny Boy caught the bus as I instructed. He caught the 2nd bus too but he caught it on the wrong side of the street. So of course that meant he was going in the opposite direction. When he asked the driver if the bus passes his school, the driver told him that the bus passed the school a long time back. In other words, before he even got on. So he gets off the bus and all he could think about was how mad I would be. Mind you he is now 5 1/2 miles from home and maybe 4 1/2 miles from school. He is not even in the city anymore. He thinks to walk to school but doesn't know which way. So he set off for home.
Remember his phone is dead but yet he still tried to get it to work. It took him about 1 1/2 hours to get home although he walked along a busy strip filled with businesses. Never once did he think to go into one to call home. He had his I-pad with him and never once thought to email anyone.
So now he gets home safely, I thank God, and both his dad and I ask him if he wants to stay home because he has missed three classes. He says no because he needed to stay after with his biology teacher to get his grade up. I take him to school and write a note to let them know what happened. He takes the note to the dean. The dean doesn't even read it, he immediately accuse Sonny Boy of oversleeping and thereby missing his bus. He writes a note for Sonny Boy to receive detention for 5 days for being truant, and not the 3 days for being late.
Sonny Boy is livid. But you know what, there is a cost for everything we do. Unfortunately for Sonny Boy his price is sky rocketing.
No comments:
Post a Comment