God put it in my spirit that we as parents are responsible for teaching our children the word in our home. It's not like I didn't already know that, but I was not doing it. It was not because I didn't think about it, or that I didn't want to do it. I tried before and it just wasn't working. He was not interested at all.
This time I asked God how to teach Sonny Boy his word. God is the one who created our instruction manual so he would know best. My answer that I received was to start from the beginning. And you know what I did and it worked.
I put family time to study God's word on his responsibility list. So today, being the 1st time, I told Sonny Boy that it was time for us to study the Word. I asked him how much time he would like us to study. He quickly perked up and said 5 to 10 minutes. I repeated it questionably. He then said 5 minutes. I said ok.
I read Genesis, Chap 1, versus 1-4. I asked Sonny Boy what God had done in those versus. His response was that God created the heavens and earth, and saw some light. I said that was good. Then I asked him step by step what God had done. He created, he looked, he said it was good. Yes!
I went on to explain that we are all creators. We create with what we do with our life. I asked him to look back over this past week to see what he (Sonny Boy), had created in his life and was it good. He thought about it and said no, it wasn't good. So I asked Sonny Boy what should he do if what he created over the week wasn't good to him, because if it wasn't good to him then it probably wasn't good to God. He said that he should do it again. I repeated it so he could hear what he said. He then changed it and said that he could do it better.
That was the end of the lesson. We even had a minute or two to spare. It really blew my mind that we could get so much out of such a small part of the bible. Only God.
About a hour later I went to his room and I asked him about his lesson and he actually remembered what he studied and, that he is the creator of his life and he is responsible for his actions being pleasing to him and pleasing to God. Wow, how powerful is that. I am so pumped up for tomorrows lesson. Because as I typed this I read over the lesson and I saw that I missed something along the way. So see if you catch it.
God created, moved, spoke, looked, saw it was good, and lastly divided. If we don't learn anything else, we need to know that our life takes action. We need to be mindful of what we create, move it into being, speak it into existence, look to be sure it is on course and divide it into doable form. Ohhhhhhhh my, I feel a sermon coming on.
No comments:
Post a Comment