Tuesday, November 5, 2013

GO AHEAD N BURN THE HOUSE DOWN

       Okay.  So I awaken on time this morning and let the alarm clock buzz for at least 3 minutes with the intention of irritating Sonny Boy who is still in bed.  Mind you, his alarm was buzzing and he went and jumped back into bed.  So I advise him that if he doesn't get up, I will come into his room and pour cold water on his face. 
     Oh, that was all I needed to get a rise out of him.  He is on fire and gets up complaining that I have taken his games, music (offensive that's why), t.v., and favorite foods from him and now his sleep, so he has nothing.  I ask him to come and sit on my bed as I explain to him that if he hands in all of his homework this week, I would let him play his games over the weekend.  He liked that.
     I ask him if he would like me to make his breakfast and he says no.  Now I already went thru yesterday drama with him and I don't want any problems this morning so I say okay.  I think to myself that I might as well get a run in this morning and that way I am out of his hair as he gets ready for school.
     Let me interject here: As I am typing this at 10:45p.m. my mind tells me to go and check on Sonny Boy who turned in at 10:00p.m. because he was tired and has to get up at 6:00a.m.  Needless to say I just checked on him and he is in bed on the I-Pad. He justifies it by saying he didn't get enough personal read time today.  How I keep from slapping him into the middle of next week, I don't know but I hold onto my peace and ask him to turn in now. 
     Okay, back to the morning.  I am back from my run and I open the door and as I step in I smell something burning.  I enter the kitchen and the cast iron frying pan is smoking with nothing inside and the fire is lit under it.  I look to my right and Sonny Boy is right at the kitchen table undisturbed. I ask if he is finish cooking.  He says yes.  I then ask him: Why is the frying pay still cooking?  Did you not see the smoke?  Did you not smell it burning?  What were you doing?  He responds that he was just eating his bacon.  I ask: While the bacon was cooking what were you doing?  He responds that he was looking at his I-pad but that was not the reason he was sitting right near the stove unaware that it was still on.  He attributed it to being tired.  I just looked at him because this could in no way be my son. This must be an imposter because I know that my Sonny Boy has more sense then to be so distracted by his I-Pad that he would let the house burn up with him inside.
Of course now, the I-Pad is restricted from the kitchen while cooking is going on.
Does that mean he won't be eating anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment