Tuesday, November 26, 2013

IN HIS IMAGE

     Sonny Boy had to write a paper about: Why do you think God made us in his image and why?  So I asked Sonny Boy what his answer would be.  He said God made us in his image because he wanted us to look like him. I asked Sonny Boy what was Gods image and if I recall correctly, he said human.
     Now Sonny Boy and I have had 3 bible study sessions on Genesis 1, versus 1-4, and Gods image is covered in the 2nd paragraph of Genesis.  So we had to go back to Genesis to see what he missed.  Based on my understanding, the Word states that the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. So now we had his image, Spirit.  Then we looked at versus 26 and 27. God created man as a Spirit which was male and female before forming mans physical body, and after his likeness.
   Likeness is defined as resemblance, copy, or the state of being like. So if we are after Gods likeness, then we are workers who create and make all that is good, just like God. 
    Isn't that amazing that we were created to do things.  As I repeat this statement, what comes to mind is, we are suppose to go out and spread the word about Gods goodness.  We can do that at anytime and anyplace as long as the person is open to receive it.
    When Sonny Boy came home from school today, I asked him what he did this day that would be pleasing to God.  He shared that his friend looked a little down, so Sonny Boy told a joke and got him laughing.
     Sometimes, all it takes is for us to look right in front of us to see a need and be about our fathers business of changing the atmosphere.  Kudos Sonny Boy.




No comments:

Post a Comment