This morning as I get out of bed, I remember that Sonny Boy has a walkathon tomorrow and his fundraising sheet is still empty.
It's Halloween and normally we would look forward to celebrating my dads birthday. Dad has past on to greater Glory. So I thought to celebrate his birthday by writing a check for the walkathon in his memory.
Sonny Boy is now 14. So I decided to run it by him to see what his response would be. Here is how it went: Me: Hey what do you think about me writing a check for $80 for the walkathon in your granddads name. Sonny Boy: Oh no, you don't have to do that. One of the boys at my school has collect hundreds of dollars so all of us that don't put money in is covered by him. Besides you pay enough for me to go to this school. Me: Yea, but I bet his money is not dedicated to your granddad. So take this money and remember to hand it in, please.
Then he goes on to tell me a story about a recent party at school where a kid has various denominations of money in his hand and he just throws it up and into the crowd. Sonny Boy shows me in one quick movement how fast the 1st bill was snatched out of the air. He said it was so quick that you couldn't even see it disappear. But it didn't take long for the rest of the crowd to catch on. He said that his friend got ahold of $10 and he got two dollars. Lastly he saw 15 boys on a dollar bill. I asked if they gave the money back? Of course the answer was no. Sonny Boy said: What? What u mean? I didn't know who he was. It's not like I saw the person. Besides he was throwing it up in the air.
I guess it is safe to say, when it comes to money there are bound to be surprises.
No comments:
Post a Comment